Skylum has released the latest update of Luminar photo editor software. One of the most striking features of Luminar 3.1.0 is the Accent AI filter. This filter has context-sensitive recognition. Let’s take a look at the other features in this new and improved version of Luminar.
The Accent AI filter of Luminar 3 was able to enhance like highlights, shadows, and contrast. But it was clear that this feature was not ideal for every photograph, especially since it didn’t give very good results on human photographs. But this situation has changed with Luminar 3.1.0 update. As Luminar explained, Accent AI 2.0 is a “completely human-aware” feature. The new and improved Accent AI 2.0’s face and object recognition technology will help users create a more realistic image.
Accent AI 2.0 was trained on more “objects” than the previous version, and now also has a new “person” class. This new class now means that Luminar software can recognize facial features and selectively apply some adjustments. These adjustments will result in more realistic images.
In addition to face and object recognition, the Accent AI 2.0 also has improved color correction and a smarter detail boost. Luminar explains this situation “if it can’t make an object in a photograph look better, it won’t be touched.” This development is obviously very clever and may allow us to rely more on automatic enhancements to the photo.
You can watch the videos below about the Luminar 3.1.0’s Accent AI Filter 2.0
As I mentioned earlier, Luminar 3.1.0 offers several improvements besides Accent AI 2.0. These apply to the software’s organizational tools, and they include:
- RAW + JPEG (Mac and Windows): Now you can organize file pairs more easily. You can view the photo as a single image and easily switch between two image formats. You can organize and rate image pairs simultaneously, regardless of how you view both formats.
- Improved Selective Sync (Mac and Windows): Synchronize your photographs with image adjustments. Synchronization no longer affects image layers, crop, erase, clone & stamp.
- Import Images (Windows): Now you can copy photos from inside Luminar to a folder. Use this option to pull and copy images to a new destination from a memory card or other drive.
- Gallery Selection (Windows): Selecting and unselecting photos in your Gallery is now easier. Use Ctrl-click to select non-adjacent photos. To delete all photos, click outside a photo.
If you would like to know more about what the Luminar 3.1.0 update brings, you can watch the video below on the official Youtube channel of Skylum Software.
How To Update Your Luminar 3
If you have the Luminar 3 version and want to update, you can have the 3.1.0 version for free. Mac users can update by choosing Luminar 3 in the top menu bar, and then clicking “Check for updates.” Windows users can choose Help > Check for updates on the top toolbar.
Luminar 3.1.0 Pricing
Skylum will also offer a special price on Luminar 3 by 14 May 2019 with this update:
- Basic: $60 Luminar 3.1.0
- Signature Edition: $69 Luminar 3.1.0 + Photography 101 Video course by SLR Lounge
- Creative Pro: $129 Bundle (Luminar&Aurora) + Photography 101 Course by SLR Lounge
Left your ideas and questions in the comments section below! and please don’t forget to follow kuulphoto.com on Twitter @kuulphoto